Introduction About The Iconic Tower
In May 2018, construction of the iconic tower began. Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly attended a ceremony at the site, marking the start of concrete pouring operations on the foundations. The main contractor for the project is China State Construction Engineering (CSCE), which employs more than 5,000 workers.
The principal architect of the project is Dar Al-Handasah, Shaer & Partners. In total, the New Cairo development project includes 20 skyscrapers surrounding the iconic tower.
On August 24, 2021, all structural concrete work for the tower was completed and the tower topped at a height of 385 meters. The tower is supposed to be completed in the first quarter of 2023.
The iconic tower is considered the highest tower in Egypt and Africa, with a height of 385 meters, and the tower is located in the heart of the New Administrative Capital.
The iconic tower is being constructed in a cooperation between the Chinese company CSCEC, which is one of the largest contracting companies in the world, and in cooperation with the Chinese company in implementation, the Ministry of Housing and Public Utilities, which is represented by the New Urban Communities Authority.
Facts About The Iconic Tower
- The iconic tower is designed in the style of world-class architecture and the tower will be unique in terms of height, design and implementation. The iconic tower is located on an area of 533,041 square meters and the tower consists of 79 floors.
- The iconic tower is located specifically in the central business district in the heart of the New Administrative Capital and overlooks “Capital Park”, which is the central park in the New Administrative Capital. The tower also overlooks various main roads.
- The iconic tower represents a tourist and investment attraction, and the tower was divided into 30 hotel floors (6 star hotels) and 40 floors for administrative purposes, and the rest of the floors are entertainment venues, restaurants, apartments, a commercial market, a gold market, an ice rink, a helipad, an electronics market, a cinema complex and a theater .
- The iconic tower will be in the form of a pharaonic obelisk and the exterior will be glass. The iconic tower will contain high-speed elevators to move between floors.
- The iconic tower will house a new headquarters for the Central Bank of Egypt, a central printing press, and a new headquarters for the Egyptian Stock Exchange.
- The cost of the iconic tower reaches 3 billion dollars, and the price per square meter in the iconic tower starts from 100,000 Egyptian pounds.
Iconic Tower Facilities and Advantages
The facilities that are available in the iconic tower in addition to its location make any investor think of investing in it, such as:
- markets for gold, fashion, leather products, computers.
- Swimming pools and children’s playgrounds.
- Cinema and theater complex.
- High speed elevators.
It is worth noting that the iconic tower will surpass the 227-meter Leonardo Tower in Johannesburg, South Africa, and the 250-meter tall Bank of Africa Tower in the capital of Morocco, Rabat.
CSCES is considered one of the largest construction and development companies in the world, and thus ranks 21 among the top 50 companies in the world, as it has a great record in the field of real estate development and its business spreads in 100 countries and regions around the world, especially in Africa.
Payment and installment systems in the iconic tower in the New Administrative Capital will be very special, and 15% will be paid to the New Urban Communities Authority, of the price as a down payment, and the remaining 85% will be financed from the loan with a grace period for the construction period and then repayment over 10 years.
The iconic tower was named by this name because it will serve as an architectural icon in the new administrative capital. The iconic tower will be located near the Al-Fattah Al-Aleem Mosque, the Cathedral of the Nativity of Christ, the Green River, the residential complex.
The iconic tower design emulates the ancient French art deco by designing the ventilation holes in a way that rotates according to the inclination of the sun, helping to reduce the temperature.
In the iconic tower, the best concrete and steel materials were been used in construction, which conform to the latest international safety and quality standards.
The Iconic Tower and the Burj Khalifa: The Most Remarkable Paradoxes
A common question comes to mind: “Is the iconic tower taller than the Burj Khalifa in Dubai?” To answer this question, we must know information about the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, namely:
- The Burj Khalifa in Dubai was named after His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, and the construction start date was January 6, 2004, and the opening date was January 4, 2010.
- The height of the Burj Khalifa reaches 828 meters (2,717) feet, thus making it clear that the Burj Khalifa in Dubai is taller than the iconic tower in the New Administrative Capital.
- The number of floors in the Burj Khalifa is 180 floors, which is superior to the iconic tower in the New Administrative Capital, which consists of only 79 floors.
- Burj Khalifa is located in the heart of Dubai in the Downtown area, and the tower surrounds distinctive attractions in Dubai, such as: Souk Al Bahar, The Dubai Mall, and Dubai Opera. The cost of building the Burj Khalifa in the Emirates amounted to one and a half billion dollars.
- Burj Khalifa is one of the tourist attractions that distinguished the city of Dubai and the entire Arab world, and it is one of the important landmarks in the world, which attracts many tourists annually.
- Burj Khalifa in Dubai has the largest elevator hoist in the world, with 58 elevators, and the Burj Khalifa elevators are considered the fastest in the world with a speed of up to 10 meters / sec.
- Adrian Smith is the one who designed the Burj Khalifa, who designed the most famous buildings in the world, including the Donald Trump Hotel in America. The Emirati company, Emaar, known for its expertise in real estate development, is responsible for building the Burj Khalifa and is still managing it to this day.
- Burj Khalifa in Dubai contains residential apartments, hotels, spas, swimming pools, a club and a library for the residents of the tower, in addition to many commercial centers and parking lots.
- The iconic tower houses the highest viewing terrace open to the public, as well as the highest mosque, the highest restaurant, and the highest swimming pool.
- The 124th floor is the floor where the roof terrace is located, the highest gazebo open to the public.
- 18 perfumes are used in different places to give the visitor some kind of comfort.
- Cleaning the Burj Khalifa in Dubai from abroad requires 120 working days.
- More than 380 engineers and construction workers participated in the construction of the Burj Khalifa.
You will also have a curious question, “What is the tallest tower in the world?”
The tallest tower in the world is Burj Khalifa in Dubai, followed by Merdeka 118 in Malaysia, Shanghai Tower in China, and Mecca Clock Tower in Saudi Arabia.
The iconic tower will be one of the most prominent tourist attractions and will also be one of the prominent historical landmarks in Egypt, the Middle East and the world in general, and the iconic tower will be an important source of tourism and investment in Egypt.
The iconic tower will also derive its fame from the new administrative capital, which is a new smart city of the fourth generation, and the new administrative capital represents a major urban shift for Egypt.